HALCYON VIDEO CONTEST
the idea is to get out and create a video using this song for the soundtrack. #HALCYONVIDEOCONTEST
- the track will go live on june 5TH, 2018 at 10pM EST sharp and will start the contest. get to planning, shooting & editing!
- submissions must be in by TUESDAY july 31ST, 2018 no later than 11:59pm EST. they must be unlisted / private, do not share PUBLICLY.
- the videos must stay private until after submissions are over. you may set your projects live and share starting AUGUST 1ST.
- the winners will be announced FRIDAY, AUGUST 10TH AT 8PM.
- the soundtrack is 3:13 in length. you must use at least 2:00 worth. how you slice it is up to you.
- with that said, the video can run up to 4:00 max to allow you time for DIALOGUE / room tones / other scenes.
- do not use any other songs.
- must involve cars, trucks, bikes, anyTHING on wheels, modified or stock. does not have to be the main focus of your project, but must be involved.
- all types of media are allowed. digital video, film, stop-motion, animation, video game.
- YOU MAY SUBMIT ONE (1) VIDEO.
the videos will be judged on a number of factors including:
storyline / continuity
cinematography / composition
color grading & audio mixing
the most unique submission. different than the rest.
Simply said, this is the best submission. it has all the goods from audio, visual, editing, composition, and originality.
while you are required to use this song for the soundtrack, there are plenty of other elements in sound to mix in. exhaust, foley, sound effects, etc. the submission with the best use of these (and the best ability to mix the levels of all elements well) will be the winner.
this is where videos go to make it or break it. the submission with the best editing from cuts, sound, transitions, and color will be the winner.
everyone loves prizes, yay!
the 4 winners will receive:
klean society detail kit to keep those subject cars spotless!
karuma street gear!
halcyon audio & visual toolkit bundles v1.0 & v2.0
the winner of best sound will also receive:
my entire sound effect library (over 10GB)
the winner of most original will also receive:
on location essentials (gaff, multi tools, lens wipes, bongos, etc)
the winner of best editing will also receive:
facetime / skype editing session / personal feedback on one of their projects
the winner of best overall will also receive:
$100 B&H GIFT CARD
EVERYONE THAT SUBMITS WILL RECEIVE:
30% off of the halcyon store, good for digital downloads or physical goods!
the 4 winning videos will be combined into one video and uploaded to my youtube channel for my subscribers to enjoy, with channels linked in the description.
how to submit.
1.) upload your finished product to youtube / vimeo. make sure it's your final, final, i swear it's final, final version.
2.) use the form below to submit YOUR YOUTUBE / VIMEO LINK. (YOUTUBE - UNLISTED) (VIMEO - PASSWORD PROTECTED)
3.) if uploading to youtube, you must also upload it somewhere else that we can download the video (google drive, dropbox).
4.) if uploading to vimeo, please enable downloads AND PROVIDE THE PASSWORD.
first off, have fun. don't take this too serious. what's really important is that you got out there and made something, if you don't win, you still did something and pushed yourself forward.
speaking of pushing yourself, when shooting, the safety of yourself and those around you is the #1 priority. don't do dumb shit, we're not responsible for anything that can go wrong during your shoot.
by uploading and sending your video in, you authorize us to upload your video to our channel in the event that you win one of the 4 categories.
WE ARE NOT ASSOCIATED WITH KLEAN SOCIETY, KARUMA, OR VISUAL AUTOWERKS AND THEIR PRODUCTS ASIDE FROM THEM PROVIDING WINNERS PRIZES.